Wednesday 18 March 2015

Mini Fruit Tarts


This is my second pastry offering at my afternoon tea. They were a bit of a rush job and I didn't get as many photos as I wanted. I also ran out of time and only managed to glaze the strawberry tarts. I used Eric Lanlard's recipe for a sweet shortcrust pastry and also used the same creme patissiere as for the mini eclairs. The tarts were blind baked then filled with creme patissiere and topped with fresh fruit. They were really tasty little bites and my guests were impressed that I made my own pastry. 

As before, I'm sending this to the Pastry Challenge hosted by Jen from Jen's Food and Lisa from United Cakedom.



 rub flour and butter together then add in the sugar. Make a well in the centre..

 ... add in the egg and knead until you form a soft dough. Place in the fridge for about 30 mins 

 I couldn't find my other pastry cutters and only had 1 size with a straight edge! 

 ready to blind bake the pastry 

 mini fruit tarts 


2 comments:

  1. These are lovely little tarts Ros, thanks for another great entry into #thepastrychallenge :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!