Monday 5 May 2014

Eton Mess


How was your bank holiday weekend? We had a lovely weekend away celebrating J's birthday. The day before we left I cooked a 3 course pre-birthday dinner but as it was a working day, I chose a quick and easy menu including this really simple dessert. I layered fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, cream swirled with strawberry jam and crushed meringue nests to create this British classic. We thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a really nice and refreshing dessert. 

I'm sending this to AlphaBakes hosted by myself this month and co hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes. The letter is E for Eton Mess. 



I'm also sending this to Dead Easy Desserts hosted by Tina from The Spicy Pear and co hosted by Sarah from Maison Cupcake. This was ready in under 10 minutes and is ideal when you have unexpected guests especially when strawberries are in season.




 strawberry jam, meringue nests, double cream, fresh strawberries 

 I added some strawberry jam to the whipped cream instead of sugar and to get some extra strawberry flavour

 I layered the dessert with some cream, strawberry jam, fresh strawberries, crushed meringues


 

7 comments:

  1. I love Eton mess and this look stunning!!
    One of my favorite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. Eton mess is a fab summer pudding. Thank you for entering to this month's Dead Easy Desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely makes it feel like summer and I'm sure I'll be making a lot more of this in the coming months!

      Delete
  3. Looks gorgeous. Never thought to add jam before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked really well especially when swirled with the cream

      Delete
  4. Looks delicious! You know summer is approaching when Eton Mess pictures start popping up :)

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!