Saturday 23 February 2013

Raspberry and white chocolate muffins


I love the combination of raspberries and white chocolate. I remember making these muffins many years ago pre-blog but realised I've never made them for my blog so here they are. It's not quite the same recipe as I can't remember where I placed that one (it was handwritten on a piece of paper from a friend) so I used a recipe I found online. The muffins were moist and the tart raspberries paired well with the white chocolate.

I'm sending this to Calendar cakes hosted by Rachel from Dolly Bakes and Laura from Laura Loves Cakes. The theme this month is Achy Cakey Heart and these muffins would be perfect for a Valentine's treat or for an everyday treat!



 mix the wet and dry ingredients together 

 stir in the raspberries 

 dot a few raspberries on top 

 yum!

Makes 12 muffins of size shown 

300g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
200ml milk
150g fresh raspberries
100g white chocolate, roughly chopped 

  • Preheat oven to 200C.
  • Mix the flour and sugar together.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
  • Pour the melted butter and egg and milk mixture into the flour/sugar mixture. 
  • Stir to combine but do not over mix. 
  • Stir in half of the raspberries.
  • Add in the chopped white chocolate.
  • Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and dot with the remaining raspberries.
  • Bake for 15-20 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. 
  • Allow to cool completely. 


11 comments:

  1. WOW, Lovely :D

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious and I love the paper cases, did they come from Sew White?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought these cases from USA. I think Lakeland also sell something similar.

      Delete
  3. They really do look fabulous. I will have to make them with Cooper. Love the cases too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is definitely one to make with the kids.

      Delete
  4. These look really delicious Ros!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combo too - far prefer it to raspberries and dark chocolate. Your muffins look delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I don't like white chocolate but in this instance I'd have to agree with you - white choc and raspberries!

      Delete
  6. I love raspberries in baking and white chocolate goes so well with them! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the best recipe I tried. Not at all fluffy, quite hard. Look delicious, but just about that!

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!