Tuesday 28 August 2012

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookie


This month, Sarah from Maison Cupcake is hosting zero baking required where she challenges us to 
prepare and blog any treat which does not require baking. I love quick no bake recipes particularly for parties or when you are short of time or when your oven is out of action. I made these after a night out recently and they took all of 10 minutes to prepare. I did chill them overnight but you can eat them after a few hours or even straight from the pan. 

Initially I looked for a no bake chocolate and peanut butter creation.  I then got to thinking about the sweet and salty combination and decided to add some salted pretzels to the mix. The result - a delicious, gluten free, sweet and salty treat with the added bonus of oats to make you feel slightly less guilty about eating them. 





 melt butter, sugar, cocoa powder and milk 

 stir in peanut butter 

 stir in oats 

 my "eureka" moment 

 adding salted pretzels 

 scoop onto a baking sheet and chill 

 tasty, more-ish delights :) 

300g sugar (I would recommend 225-250g if you want it less sweet)
40g cocoa powder
125mls milk
113g butter
150g smooth peanut butter
300g oats
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g salted pretzels

  • Place the sugar, cocoa powder, milk, butter and vanilla extract in a medium sized pan and bring to the boil.
  • Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. 
  • Add the oats and stir.
  • Crumble in the salted pretzels.
  • Use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to scoop out round balls of the mixture and place on a baking sheet.
  • Chill in the fridge overnight and serve. 
  • You can also eat it directly from the pan if you can't wait! 


22 comments:

  1. Hi Ros, I think great minds think alike as I blogged the basic version of your recipe. I love the idea of the salty pretzels too. I notice you put yours in the fridge overnight to harden. I found I couldn't form the last two cookies as the mixture had dried in the pan before I could form it! Maybe the 3 minutes of boiling is the answer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds do think alike :) This recipe worked well for me and I'm sure I'll be making it again!

      Delete
  2. How fantastic! I would probably eat right from the pan as you suggested. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I did try some... for quality control of course ;-)

      Delete
  3. these look and sounds really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious. I would love to try these pretzels coated with chocolate and peanut butter! Divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet and salty combination works really well here.

      Delete
  5. These look yummy. I think the pretzels were a good addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Never tried pretzels with chocolate before! Guess I have to try these goodies out myself! They truly look tempting! What I love is ,it's no baking needed! Houray! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really quick and easy treat. The pretzels balance out the sweetness and adds crunch and texture.

      Delete
  7. Looks yummy! On a related note I just saw a new product in the supermarket - Cadburys chocolate pretzels! Ooh....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum, what great flavour combos! and I'm with you, I'm always making mini no bake treats when I'm feeling too lazy late at night to whack out a whole massive dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my all time fave combinations is Pretzels and chocolate so this is certainly one for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no bake and quick to prepare. win win :)

      Delete
  10. These look incredible! It was just the other day that I sampled the new Cadburys chocolate pretzels...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all over zero baking required at the moment. What a great treat to have mixed up. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!