Wednesday 9 February 2011

Malteser Cupcakes


Apologies for the lack of blogging recently.  I have definitely still been baking, just not had time to blog about them. I've also baked a lot from recipes I've already blogged about previously so I won't double up.  However, I have baked some new treats including this malteser cupcake which has been on my 'to bake' list for ages. This is a really simple recipe and my favourite kind as you just mix everything together and bake.  The cake was moist with a lovely crunch from the maltesers and the frosting was light and creamy. Definitely a bake again in the future cupcake!



adding maltesers to the batter 

 blitz maltesers for the frosting 



Makes approx 30 of the size shown

For the cupcakes
275g self raising flour
275g caster sugar
275g butter
4 large eggs
2 x 28g sachets maltesers hot chocolate powder
50-75mls milk
1 box of maltesers (120g)


  • Preheat oven to 180C.
  • Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor except the milk which you drizzle in through a funnel to form a smooth batter.
  • Add a box of maltesers to the batter and mix by hand. 
  • Spoon batter into cupcake cases and bake for 15-18 minutes.


Buttercream icing
135g maltesers
500g icing sugar
200g butter
40g cocoa powder
50-75mls milk


  • Set aside 30 maltesers for decorations.
  • Blitz the remaining maltesers until fine as shown. 
  • Add softened butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder and blitz until fine.
  • Drizzle in milk until you have a spreadable consistency. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful mountain of icing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look great with a "shiny-looking" malteser on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it. Malteser's are ace in my book and a cupcake filled one sounds mightly fine. I too love the generous portion of icing ... yummy ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definitely still been baking, just not had time to blog about them. I've also baked a lot from recipes I've already blogged about previously so I won't double up. swarovski bracelet germany , swarovski bracelet usa

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!