Sunday 13 June 2010

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies


As you can probably tell, I'm somewhat of a choc-a-holic.  I'm also a cookie-holic and more recently a peanut butter-holic. (I think I mentioned previously that it's something I never used to like but now can't seem to get enough of) Hence these cookies. They are from the hummingbird bakery cookbook and taste absolutely amazing. Just for fun, I made giant sized cookies and a few 'normal' sized ones as well.





adding peanut butter

I used an ice cream scoop

fresh from the oven

My giant cookie :)
Love how the chocolate bits melted... yum :)


225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g caster sugar
200g light brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
240g crunchy peanut butter
340g plain flour
2 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
75g dark chocolate, chopped

  • Preheat the oven to 170C
  • Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  • Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well.
  • Beat in the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
  • Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well until a smooth dough is formed.
  • Stir in the chocolate until evenly dispersed.
  • Using an ice cream scoop (or spoon), place even sized balls of cookie dough on a lined baking tray.
  • Make sure the cookies are spaced apart to allow for spreading while baking.
  • Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and quite flat. (mine took about 15-18 minutes for the large ones)
  • Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the trays before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

4 comments:

  1. those look incredible!! wow....send me a plateful please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut butter and chocolate, as well, but I crave it all the time! These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Hummingbird book, but i've only ever made their cupcakes and chocolate brownies. I'll definately have to give the cookies ago after seeing your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if it gets any better than peanut butter and chocolate... yum!
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!