Wednesday 10 March 2010

Flourless Chocolate Walnut Cookies

Yet another flourless version of cookies. This time with chocolate :) I was a little sceptical at first but as I bit into my second and then my third cookie, I thought this is actually really nice. It's got a lovely, chewy texture to it. You can definitely taste the walnut and chocolate flavours. Might try it with a different nut next time - almonds or maybe pecans.

Finely chop walnuts and roast in oven until fragrant
Mix sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl
Stir in walnuts
Add egg whites and vanilla extract
Spoon batter onto baking sheets
Delicious, chewy cookies :)

Ingredients
300g walnuts
250g icing sugar
60g cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

  • Preheat oven to 180C
  • Finely chop walnuts and bake in preheated oven until fragrant (approximately 10mins)
  • Mix sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl.
  • Stir in walnuts.
  • Add the egg whites and vanilla extract.
  • Beat until just moistened - do not overbeat or batter will stiffen
  • Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until tops are lightly cracked and glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!