Tuesday 2 March 2010

Dragon Cookies

Another treat for chinese new year this year.... dragon cookies. I actually made these a few weeks ago but haven't had time to add them to my blog. As with all the chinese new year treats I've baked this year (pineapple tarts, dragon cookies and peanut cookies) this is my first attempt. I got the recipe from here and made a few minor modifications. My dough was a little sticky which made it difficult to pipe. I couldn't quite get the right shape so ended up with shapes that looked like snakes, tadpoles and possibly dragons. Oh well at least they all tasted the same :)

I was told these were too 'curly' so I tried again...Now they look more like tadpoles? Final result - lovely milky, crumbly taste :)

Recipe (adapted from Che-Cheh.com)
150g margarine
100g icicng sugar
2 egg yolks
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
320g cornflour, sifted
60g milk powder, sifted
60g plain flour, sifted

  • Beat margarine, icing sugar, egg yolks, egg white and vanilla extract until creamy.
  • Slowly sitr in cornflour, milk powder and plain flour and mix well.
  • Fill batter into a pastry bag and pipe 'S' shaped patterns on a baking tray.
  • Bake at 160C for 15 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Love the final result. I'm thinking of making this next CNY. hehe Been 2 years since I made them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... my family and I love dragon cookies very much. Thanks for the receipe. Gonna bake it for next year Hari Raya.

    Thanks again..

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!