Tuesday 16 February 2010

Chinese New Year Dinner 2010

Thanks Dave and Ruby for hosting a superb dinner. Unfortunately I do not have any photos of people, just the food :) (typical!) Apologies for the slightly dark photos but we had ambient lighting and I forgot to turn the flash on. To start, we had the traditional 'lo hei' or 'lo sang'

Lovely mix of colours and flavours
with the salmon
Giving it a good toss for prosperity

L to R: steamed fish, chinese mushrooms with dried scallops and spinach, sweet and sour chicken, roast meats - pork & duck

you can just see the bowl of mangetouts at the back and the clear glass bowl had udon noodles with beansprouts

Definitely a feast fit for a king! Excellent food and excellent company, what else could one ask for? Dessert of course! In my opinion, however good a meal is, it's never complete without dessert :) My contributions for the night were tiramisu and red velvet cupcakes. Recipes to follow in another post.

Happy Chinese New Year - wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous tiger year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!